Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Time to catch up!

OMGoodness.  Yes, it's been a few months.  < shamefully hangs head> We got closed on the house, and have been wallowing in DIY home improvement projects ever since!  We had a house warming party on October 6, which was a blast.  Brian's parents surprised us by showing up to the party, after driving 2 days to get here!  I have the best in laws.  Some of our projects have included:

  • Painting the entire interior of the house (everything except our bedroom and the office/library)
  • landscaping and sodding the backyard
  • fire pit and planters
  • guest bedroom (almost done!!!)
We've pretty much ran out of money at this point, so I'm trying to finish the guest room on a VERY VERY tight budget.  I've managed to design and decorate the room for around $350, so I'll be sharing my insights and finds for that soon!

Along those lines, I wanted to share a few progress pics of the guest bedroom.  I have completed the lamp shades, bought the lamps, hung the chandelier, and am on the lookout for YELLOW curtains to hang and a couple yellow pillows to replace the gray ones.  That should complete the room!


No comments:

Post a Comment