Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Time to catch up!

OMGoodness.  Yes, it's been a few months.  < shamefully hangs head> We got closed on the house, and have been wallowing in DIY home improvement projects ever since!  We had a house warming party on October 6, which was a blast.  Brian's parents surprised us by showing up to the party, after driving 2 days to get here!  I have the best in laws.  Some of our projects have included:

  • Painting the entire interior of the house (everything except our bedroom and the office/library)
  • landscaping and sodding the backyard
  • fire pit and planters
  • guest bedroom (almost done!!!)
We've pretty much ran out of money at this point, so I'm trying to finish the guest room on a VERY VERY tight budget.  I've managed to design and decorate the room for around $350, so I'll be sharing my insights and finds for that soon!

Along those lines, I wanted to share a few progress pics of the guest bedroom.  I have completed the lamp shades, bought the lamps, hung the chandelier, and am on the lookout for YELLOW curtains to hang and a couple yellow pillows to replace the gray ones.  That should complete the room!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah ,

    Hope you're well.

    My name is Josie and I'm a Creative at BuzzFeed UK. I'm writing a sponsored piece with Recycle for London and would love to use an image from your pull out drawer tutorial. We will of course credit you and your blog.

    Please let me know if this is possible and if you have any questions at josie.ayre@buzzfeed.com

    Thanks,

    Josie

    ReplyDelete