Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Project: Guest bedroom

Our new house has 3 bedrooms.  This is a SERIOUS upgrade from our little 2-bedroom apartment.  Needless to say, I'm VERY excited to have an official guestroom!  Someday this room will serve as our nursery, but not yet!  Normally, I'm an earth-tone sort of gal - beige, olive, rusty red, deep rich tones.  I'm also more of a rustic person at heart.  However, I have been given a vision for our guestroom - shades of gray, black, and yellow!  Why?  I have no idea.  I'm super excited about it, and have been obsessing over Pinterest to find ideas and mold and shape our third bedroom.  To explain my DIY projects, I'm starting at the source: my inspirations for said bedroom!

My main inspiration <swoon>, original source unknown:
COMPLETELY. IN. LOVE.

Other inspirations:
(source: decorpad.com)

(source: HGTV)

(source: homegoods.com)

So far, I have the chandelier almost done (will be posting DIY instructions soon!), and we found a queen headboard at Second Chance Thrift for $6!  I will be refinishing it and painting it black.  I'm on the lookout for an old dresser and nightstand to refinish also, and will be making a bench for the room to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment