Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to Our Modern Homestead, a new blog where you will find budget ideas, DIY project instructions, interior design ideas, and a whole lotta love! My husband and I just bought a new house, and by new I mean, built from the ground up.  We have a foundation and basement done!  Our closing date is supposed to be August 15.  <crossing fingers it's early> We are living in my dad's basement while the new place is being built, and I'm taking the time and extra money in our budget (free rent!!) to tackle some projects before we move in.  I will keep updated as our house comes along, with photos and progress details.  Check back weekly for lots of goodies!  In the next couple of months, my project list looks like:

  • $40 DIY guest room chandelier
  • DIY bench for guest room
  • headboard re-furb
  • nightstand and dresser re-furb
  • kitchen drawer organizing
  • installing cabinets in laundry room
  • garage organizing and work bench installation
  • <crossing fingers> DIY sliding barn door installation
Feel free to contact me with any questions!  Pass it along!

No comments:

Post a Comment