Yes. You read the title correctly. PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE BOTTOM CHEESECAKE. A little taste of heaven, I believe.
I found this recipe on Pinterest, from Roxanna's Home Baking site. It is DELICIOUS. I adapted the recipe to use what ingredients we had available and it still turned out AMAZING.
Find the original recipe here.
PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE BOTTOM CHEESECAKE
One box Jiffy brownie mix (or other brownie mix of choice)
1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour an 8-inch pie plate (or springform pan) or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Prepare brownie mix as instructed on box. Add peanut butter to brownie mix.
3. Poor brownie batter into pie plate, and bake for 5 mins. Remove from oven. Reduce heat to 325.
4. In the meantime, prepare the cheesecake layer. Mix together all the ingredients, making sure there are no cheese lumps, then pour over brownie base.
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set.
6. Run a knife around the edge of cake to loosen from pie plate.
7. If you're using a springform pan, let cheesecake cool before removing. If you're using a pie plate, leave the cheesecake in the plate.
8. Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting slices to serve.